Interested in exploring a more compassionate way of life? Unsure how to try vegetarianism? Vegan Outreach’s starter guide covers everything from nutrition to recipes to philosophyfor everyone from those wanting to try vegetarian foods occasionally, to longtime vegans!
Our starter guide is also available in booklet format, entitled Guide to Cruelty-Free Eating:
- Nutrition Tips for Vegans – The VeganHealth.org site includes Daily Recommendations, info on Sports Nutrition, the profiles of some Real Vegan Children, and much more. See also Jack Norris, RD’s blog and Virginia Messina, MPH, RD’s blog.
- What Do Vegans Eat?
- Sandwiches and Wraps
- Salads and Side Dishes
- Sauces, Dips, and Spreads
- Soups, Stews, and Chili
- Pasta and Rice Dishes
- Product Recipes – Links to recipes made with popular vegan products from Boca, Gardein, Lightlife, MorningStar Farms, and Turtle Island.
- More Recipes – Additional online resources for vegan recipes.
- Cookbooks and Videos
- Further Reading and Resources